Friday, January 16, 2009

My Desired Reflection...

"More of You"


I come before You now
with a wandering mind
and a heavy heart
with a spirit that cries
"More of You!"

Won't you feed me Lord
I pray
Won't You dine with me tonight
won't you feed me more of You
in the quiet time of our secret place
I must have more of You

In the midst of my own failure
You run to me with grace
You breathe on me new life
with a spirit that cries
"More of You!"

Won't you feed me Lord
I pray
Won't you dine with me tonight
won't you feed me more of You
in the quiet time of our secret place
I must have more of You

Excited I run
into Your loving arms
you long for my affection
nothing of perfection
Won't you feed me Lord
I pray
Won't You dine with me tonight
won't you feed me more of You
in the quet time of our secret place
I must have more of You

More of You
More of You
More of You
I must have more of You


Written By: Joanna Hernandez


**a song from my heart to God's heart**

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are times I pray that we [as God's children..and even me personally] would be mirrors of Jesus and reflect Jesus to other people. I always think of it as people coming to us and us reflecting Jesus and them seeing Jesus through us. As i was talking to God last night and telling Him this. He really showed me a new way of thinking about it. Basically its the same thing, but reversed.

Instead of people coming to us, its starts first with God.

The way i saw this as [pictured it] was like when you take a mirror and you point it at the grass and the sun reflects and bounces off the mirror to the grass and burns it.

Likewise, Jesus [as the sun] shines on us. Shine His glory and goodness on us. And we become more like Him becoming mirrors. And that glory and goodness [Jesus] reflects (bounces) off of us to the people around us- the people we come into contact with everyday. I like to say "crash". It sounds cooler! haha!

Heres a picture i tried to draw lol















I want to be that mirror!! To be a mirror of His Love. To be a mirror of His Compassion. To be a mirror of His Grace. To be a mirror of His Passion. To be a mirror of His Desperation. To be a mirror of His Heart. Everything He is!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WoW! So, just now i was looking for a picture to put at the top that would at least in some way go with what i was saying [i just like to do that with each post. :] and so as i am looking for a picture i came across this one [below] and i saw it had alot of writing on the picture and had some illustration story below it. I was just going to past it by and not read it cause it looked like a lot to read and i just didnt feel like it right now. I thought about reading it later. But i decided to read it. I am so glad i did! This is so awesome! Yet, its sad how this is so prevelant today in society. I have heard before [even a story] where a woman felt more love in a BAR than in a CHURCH! There is something totally wrong about that!

Where are the hands to reach out? Where is the heart to love others despite their mistakes, what they look like, their social status?? Where are the feet that will go on behalf of the Lord and the Kingdom to fullfill the calling that God has placed on us, despite how we may feel or even how comfortable we are? Where are the voices in the desert crying "prepare the way of the Lord" and sharing the Truth and Hope that we are found that ALL people are searching for in this world???

Where are we????

God is looking to and fro for a people that loves Him. Not just proclaims it, but lives it! a People who is consecrated fully to Him- fully devoted to the purpose and cause of Heaven! He is looking for a people that will answer "Send me Lord! Send me!" He is looking for a people that gives Him their whole heart!

Will we be that people? that generation? will YOU be? will I be?

God gives us a day to day choice. He's ready. He's just waiting for us =D

What will you choose today?

Here is the picture and explanation::





















[Whats written on the picture]

"A leper came to Jesus, beseeching Him and falling on his knees before Him, and saying, "If You are willing, You can make me clean" (Mark 4:40-41). In the Bible times leprosy was a disease that had severe social consequences. Throughout the Bible you can read about this and thus the leper's extreme reticence in approaching the Lord. He was accustomed to being shunned; an outcast from his peers, even his own family. "Moved with compassion, Jesus stretched out His hand and touched him." What Christ did in stretching out his hand and touching the leper was very significant. This man was so unaccustomed to human touch that this act of kindness by Jesus must have been extremely meaningful. Try to imagine what it would be like to live devoid of the touch of other people; such as leprous people are consigned to. We see a lot of lonely people daily, do you? There are many many young and old who crave the Master's touch....."

The explanation part that was posted with this picture::

A hand extended....
Let me illustrate by sharing the following true story: Several years ago a childless widow lived alone. She made dinner every night for one and had conversation with none. Most of her closest friends had died, people rarely stopped by, and her phone never rang. She experienced a loneliness that grew day by day. She longed to fellowship with her brothers and sisters, to hear their conversation, and to feel their touch. Her fragile health forced her to be quarantined in her loneliness for a number of weeks. One Sunday morning she mustered all the strength she could to dress and get ready for church. Her anticipation grew as she thought about how good it would be to meet with others again. She pictured herself receiving a handshake, maybe a hug from her sisters in Christ. She needed to feel the warmth of someones flesh besides her own. She attended the service but returned to her home even more desperate and lonely. You see, the people didnt even notice as they filed past her. No word of greeting, not one handshake was extended to this lonely widow. No warm conversation took place such as as so good to see you again, weve missed you. How are you feeling? As Today people all around you and I need the compassionate touch. For many its just one more component to wholeness. But others are sorely lacking and desperately need someone to reach out and touch them, to give them a few minutes of their time. Let us, as the body of Christ, be representatives of His Hand extended! Dear Heavenly Father, lay some soul upon my heart and love that soul through me. If encouragement is needed, then encourage through me. If a warm touch is needed, then touch through me. If a prayer is needed, then pray through me Lord Jesus. Help me to see those whom others might overlook. I want to represent You, Jesus, and have a heart of compassion toward others. in Jesus name, Amen.

I guess that really sums it all up....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha..I really love the pictures!