Saturday, February 28, 2009

God Delights and wants your company! =]

I read a devotional from "our daily bread" devotional application i have on facebook. It really spoke to my heart.


This is what it said:


“ Be still, and know that I am God. —Psalm 46:10 ”
My friend Mary told me that she had always valued the time she spent fishing with her dad. Not being a fishing aficionado myself, I was curious about what she found so enjoyable. “I just like being with my dad,” she said. “So you just fish and talk?” I asked her. “Oh, no, we don’t really talk,” she said. “We just fish.”
It wasn’t the conversation—it was the company.
Did you ever think about how much time we spend talking? In what we like to call our “quiet time” with God, we usually fill in any silence with our prayers. But do we ever practice just being “still”?
God said, “Be still, and know that I am God” (Ps. 46:10). When Jesus noticed that the disciples were so busy that they didn’t even have time to eat, He told them, “Come aside by yourselves to a deserted place and rest a while” (Mark 6:31). When we leave the distractions of life behind, we can more easily rest and refocus on God.
Are you allowing quiet moments alone with God to be a part of your life? Do you desire for Him to restore your soul? (Ps. 23:1-3). Let Him teach you how to “be still.” And listen when Jesus invites you: “Come aside with Me and rest a while.” —
Cindy Hess Kasper
The quiet times we spend with GodIn solitude and prayerWill strengthen and restore our souls And help us sense His care. —Sper
Quiet times with God store up power for future emergencies.




Last night as I went to spend time with Jesus. I just really felt like God wanted my company. I felt like i should just be still- not read the Bible, pray, intercede, worship, ect. [of course inless He led me to.] But just to sit still before Him and dwell with in Him and in His presence in the sacred place.


If you know me, or even if you dont, you know or find out soon that i am practically a "go go go" person. It is hard for me to sit still. Sometimes if i sit still to long ill get antsy lol. I like to be doing something whether its on the computer, talking/texting on the phone, watching tv, hanging with friends, reading the Bible, worship, intercession ect. I dont like to sit and read for long periods of time. I cant. I dont really like reading. I love reading the Bible and thats about all i can sit down for long periods of time and do. I am currently reading a book called "redeeming love" [though i still havent finished it] and i ABSOLUTELY love it. But im not one when i have free time to just pick it up and read for hours and hours. The best time i get some reading done sometimes is on trips. Anyways, i think you get the picture now. haha. =]

So even sitting still with Jesus at time is soooo hard. Im better at it at time than other times.


So last night, as i was just trying to sit still, listen, and just dwell with Daddy. It was hard. My mind kept wandering and i just wanted to pray, intercede, worship, pace back and forth in my room [which sometimes does help me focus but i felt like i should just sit], read the Word ect. [I was able to just focus at time]But i just felt like i should be still.


I felt like God just wanted my company. Even as hard as it was, it was the sweetest time with Daddy. He began showing me things.


He desires our company. He loves it when we pray/intercede, worship [of course! :], read the Word ect. But He also most values our company. Just being with Him. ridding ourselves of everything of yesterday, today, tomorrow and just taked time to sit with Him. Our company with Him whether praying or reading the Word or even just sitting still delights in Him. He delights in our company. I feel like it excites Him when wecome to Him. Something He began showing me a week or so ago was He doesnt expect us to come to Him with it altogether all the time. He is just excited when we take that time to have company with Him. He wants us to come to Him honestly, broken, and without masks.


I was reading something like last week on Child-like faith. As i was reading, i was just thinking about what does it mean to have child-like faith. Jesus talks about it but what does He mean. I began to see as i kept reading and the Holy Spirit i think opened my eyes more to it that its like a little child. When you see a little child, there is just so much innocence in them. They don't hide there emotions. You pretty much know whats on there mind cause they are so outspoken. The constantly go to the parent for things because they know they are totally dependent on the parents for food, clothes, shelter, love, acception, ect.


Like Spiritually when we are younge in our faith. We fully realize that we are totally dependent on Jesus for spiritual food, healing, ect as well as our physically needs. We go to Him and talk to Him and tell Him how we feel. We are just so real with Him. But as we grow in our faith. We begin to close up and maybe feel like God has higher expectations. Or maybe what we did is to much. But God is abundant in grace.


we need to have the child-like faith. Realizing our need and desperation for Him. To come to Him with our company with the masks. Matt 5 says "Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven". Its realizing how broken we are and how much we are dependent on God for eveything we need and everything we are. He just wants us to be real with Him and love Him. He loves it when we come to Him no matter what we we have done and no matter whats going on. There is nothing He has that isnt enough to overcome, cover, and wash whatever is going on in us and in our lives.


Also, when we just sit still before Him and know He is God and just dwell and gaze into His face and majecty, it allows Him to embrace us and love on us in ways He cant when we are always on the go. I started thinking about a little child [again lol]. When a child is running around and playing and go go go, you cant hold them and embrace them and love on them in ways cause they are busy doing this and doing that and going here and going there. But once you get them in your arms and they quiet down and become still. You can hold them, embrace them, and love on them so personally. God desires intimacy with His children. I remember one night several weeks ago I was just laying on my bed just praying. I dont remember what i was praying but i felt the Lord say "I just want to love you". Truth is, God just want to love YOU to. There is a love He has than we havent even began to know. He love for us is so agressive, passionate, intimate. It also allows Him to move in us differently cause we just become more open to Him.




the picture says [in case its hard for someone to read or something]: "God delights to meet to meet the faith one one who looks up to Him and says, "Lord, You know I cannot do this...But I beleive You can."...

How Powerful!

Be blessed and Be encouraged!

*more writing coming soon* =D

No comments: